Everyone hates to fail but what most people don’t realize is that failing is part of success. Anyone who has ever succeeded has failed many times. If you ever take action or risk, even with small risks you have the potential to fail. And, that’s ok, because that’s how you get to your achievements. To help you with that we have 5 keys to overcoming failure and achieving success.
5 Keys To Overcome Failure And Achieve Success
1. Learn From Your Mistakes and Failures. So, how do you overcome failure in the first place? Remember how you learned to ride a bike or maybe you weren’t a great speller or failed at a job or exam? How did you learn to get better at these goals?
The short answer: You fell off the bike hundreds of times and you got back on, you tried for another job and got it, you worked hard to pass or found another way to learn from your failures. Every time you make a mistake or fail, learning as much as you can from it so that you can get better and more prepared next time is essential to overcoming failure and achieving success in your life.
First Action Step: Write down the top five things that you learned from your last mistake or failure.
2. Don’t Dwell on It. Now that you have learned something from your mistake, it’s time to move on. Don’t dwell on your past. You can feel bad for a bit, but don’t dwell there forever. Move on and use what you learned from your experience.
You can’t tell where you are going if you are looking backward and excessively lingering on your past failures will keep you in prison right where you are.
Second Action Step: Read over what you have written down in Key 1 (The 5 Things You Learned).
3. Don’t Be Afraid to Try Again. Don’t let the fear from your last failure stop you from reaching your greatness, goal, dream, or potential. Just like learning to ride that bike, you didn’t fall once or twice and then give up, you got up again and again until you could ride all afternoon! You wanted it and you were going to master it!
Third Action Step: Take what you have learned and try it again now that you are better prepared and experienced. What didn’t work last time? What did work? Can you adjust it or do it differently this time around?
4. Surround Yourself with Positive People. No matter what it is that you are trying to achieve, from a career goal to a personal ambition, surround yourself with successful people that have done what you want to do. One of the best ways to overcome failures is to learn how other people just like you overcame setbacks.
Why is being around positive people important? This will not only encourage you but give you proof that it can be done. You can learn great things from these fantastic people. And, one day you can be thriving at the top, too!
Fourth Action Step: Find a person or a group of people who are successful and get around them as soon as possible.
“There are no secrets to success. It results from preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”
– Colin Powell
5. Realizing Failure is Part of the Learning Curve. Failure and mistakes aren’t fun but they are what help us learn to be great at whatever it is we are trying to achieve.
Fifth Action Step: Think back to a time when you succeeded at something great. Then think how many times you failed or made mistakes to get to that success. What did you learn to overcome your failures and move past them and onto a successful outcome? Maybe it was as simple as sticking with it? Maybe it was more difficult to reposition yourself for other opportunities. Whatever it was, what did you learn from this past experience that you can apply today?
We Learn From Failure, Not From Success
Now that you have the 5 Keys To Overcoming Failure And Achieving Success, go out there and do great things! You have a seed of greatness on the inside of you. Don’t let anyone or anything stop you from reaching your full potential in life. And, especially don’t let failures prevent you or stand in the way of having great successes.
Ready To Learn More Powerful Sales Techniques?!
Professional development is the hallmark of exceptional leadership for sales experts. Having an environment where you can gain new insights with a group of your sales peers is a must. A place where you can lean on fellow sales pros for advice, objective viewpoints, and gain insights is invaluable.
- If you want to interact directly with other top sales leaders and learn from shared experiences.
- If you have a considerable interest in gaining insight and perspective from other influencers outside
your own circle.
- If you enjoy learning from experts on evolving and emerging topics within your field.
Look No Further!
The Sales Leader Round Table is geared to help you flourish as a powerful and inspiring sales leader. Learn more about us. Check out our program highlights and the teams we partner up with. Ready to move ahead? Reach out to